Sunday, November 13, 2016

What makes you happy?

Happiness is different for everyone. No two definitions of 'happy' are the same and that is what makes happiness so unique. When thinking about this project, I wanted to do something that reflected me and my happiness. There isn't just one thing that makes me happy, its a culmination of many things that contribute to my happiness. I truly enjoyed doing this project and seeing what makes other people happy. Some things varied from money, to animals, or even writing on people, and that is what made this project so interesting. At first, many people didn't react to my experiment they just looked at the piece of paper I was holding and looked at the writing I had on my body and gave me a weird look. Some people did enjoy it though, they yelled out what makes them happy and I replied with "then write it!" Just the simple act of acknowledging where their happiness comes from made me happy.
As I walked up and down the riverwalk I didn't get the initial reaction I was hoping for, but eventually people caught on and my arms and legs started to become filled with words and phrases. Watching the sun set along the water, I found something else that makes me happy, sunsets. That is whats so cool about the question I am asking, the list of happiness is forever growing. We discover new things every day that contribute to our happiness to make those lists endless. I run along the riverwalk quite often and that is where I do my thinking, but this time I was able to slow down my thoughts and reflect a bit. I learned that one thing that makes me happy is seeing others happy. By doing this project I was allowing people to acknowledge those things that make them happy and put it out there for the world to see. Happiness should not be hidden from others, it should be embraced to the fullest. If you stop focusing on what others think of you and truly focus on yourself, I guarantee you will find more happiness within yourself.
I have noticed many times people staring at me and at first that really bothered me, but now I have learned to ignore it because I really don't care what they think about me. All that really matters is what I think of myself and my happiness. When I was doing this project there were many times people were staring at me, but I didn't let that affect me because at that moment I was happy and thats all that mattered. We must be happy within ourselves to be able to show happiness outwards and that is one thing I have learned. Also, we must ignore the negativity that surrounds us everyday because being happy looks better than being angry. Each of us is unique in our own way and we should not hide that from the world.
Choosing the song for this video was very easy. I remember when that song first came out and it was my favorite song because, like the title, it just made me happy and thats all that mattered. I would sing and dance like a fool without caring what others thought about me because I was happy and thats all that mattered. Once I started to put the video together I was really excited to see the final product. I am happy (no pun intended) with how it came out, I worked hard on this and I believe my effort was successful. Although embarrassing at times, I learned a lot by doing this project.https://vimeo.com/191391163

No comments:

Post a Comment